HomeSportRugbyIRB Rugby World Cup 2023: Australia Squad Announced

IRB Rugby World Cup 2023: Australia Squad Announced

IRB Rugby World Cup 2023: Australia Squad Announced

Eddie Jones named Australia’s IRB Rugby World Cup 33-man squad much to everyone’s surprise. With 3 debutants, a teenager, and one fly-half, the squad has an average age of 25.8 years. Eddie Jone Jones has chosen to leave out veteran skipper Michael Hooper at home as well as fly-half Quade Cooper. With Will Skelton as captain James Slipper has been relieved of any captaining responsibilities.

On his choices, Jones said: “I’ve backed the young blokes because they earned it. Simple as that. I haven’t handed it to them. They grabbed it. It’s exciting for me to go to work each day with these guys who are just busting to improve, to learn, and to get better. They want to succeed, and they will succeed and that excitement is rubbing off on everyone. We’re in a good place.”

I guess that sums it up. Without a win in 2023 throughout the Rugby Championship, Australia has nothing to lose going into the World Cup. Expect surprises just like the squad selection.

Wallabies World Cup Squad Announcement | Rugby Heaven

Australia Rugby World Cup Squad 2023

Props

Angus Bell (22, NSW Waratahs)
Pone Fa’amausili (26, Melbourne Rebels)
Zane Nonggorr (22, Queensland Reds)
Blake Schoupp (23, ACT Brumbies)
James Slipper (34, ACT Brumbies)
Taniela Tupou (27, Queensland Reds)

Hookers

Matt Faessler (24, Queensland Reds)
David Porecki (30, NSW Waratahs)
Jordan Uelese (26, Melbourne Rebels)

Locks

Richie Arnold (33, Stade Toulousain)
Nick Frost (23, ACT Brumbies)
Matt Philip (29, Melbourne Rebels)
Will Skelton (captain) (31, La Rochelle)

Loose Forwards

Langi Gleeson (22, NSW Waratahs)
Tom Hooper (22, ACT Brumbies)
Rob Leota (26, Melbourne Rebels)
Fraser McReight (24, Queensland Reds)
Rob Valetini (24, ACT Brumbies)

Scrum-halves

Issak Fines-Leleiwasa (27, Western Force)
Tate McDermott (vice-captain) (24, Queensland Reds)
Nic White (33, ACT Brumbies)

Fly-halves

Carter Gordon (22, Melbourne Rebels)

Centres

Lalakai Foketi (28, NSW Waratahs)
Samu Kerevi (29, Urayasu D-Rocks)
Izaia Perese (26, NSW Waratahs)
Jordan Petaia (23, Queensland Reds)

Outside Backs

Max Jorgensen (18, NSW Waratahs)
Andrew Kellaway (27, Melbourne Rebels)
Marika Koroibete (31, Saitama Wild Knights)
Mark Nawaqanitawase (22, NSW Waratahs)
Suliasi Vunivalu (27, Queensland Reds)

Utility

Ben Donaldson (23, NSW Waratahs, 2 Tests)
Josh Kemeny (24, Melbourne Rebels, 1 Test)

jusbanter.com Tournament Prediction – (Quarterfinal Loss)

Must Read